PRIVACY NOTICE as at 1 June, 2020
GTGL Global Events Ltd. (hereinafter also referred to as “GT Global Events”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the Congress Secretariat for this event and joint data controller with the organizing committee. As part of its congress services, GT Global Events operates the conference website (“Client website” or “Client Site”) on behalf of the organizing committee.
We, at GT Global Events, respect the privacy of the users of the Client website (the “User” or “you“) and are committed to protecting the personal information that users may share with us.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information which we may obtain when you visit the Client Site from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice or when you interact with any of the online forums, registration forms, sign-up forms, other digital activities carried out by us through the Client Site (“Activities“). This Privacy Notice also describes your choices regarding the use, access and correction of your personal information.
By entering the client site and using or participating in any activities, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Privacy Notice, including to the collection and processing of your information. If you disagree to any term provided herein, please do not use the client site or participate in any activities.
Before submitting any personal information to us, please read this Privacy Notice carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
- WHICH INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- Personal Information: We receive and store information you may provide us when using the Client Site or participating in any activities. This information includes information that personally identifies you, or that may, directly or indirectly, personally identify you, including your name, telephone number, postal address, workplace, professional interest & email address. Such information is referred to in this Privacy Notice as “personal information”, and comprises solely of information that is voluntarily provided by you (for example, when you register for an event, contact us through the “contact us” form appearing on the Client Site or sign up for a newsletter or otherwise voluntarily participate in any Activities). You can choose not to provide us with any personal information, but failure to do so may preclude us from providing our services to you, responding to any questions and comments you may refer to us on the Client Site or may otherwise preclude you from participating in certain Activities.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically collect and record information that the browser on your computer or mobile phone, tablet or similar device you use to access the Client Site (a “Device“) sends whenever you visit the Client Site (“Log Data”). Log Data may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, referral and exit pages and URL’s, language information, the domain from which you are visiting and additional information in respect to your usage and browsing of the Client Site. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We also may collect information about various aspects of your use of the Client Site or your participation in any Activity, such as the dates and time of your login, the content you have viewed, the pages you have visited, the searches and/or registrations you may have made and any clickstream data.
- Location Data: When you access the Client Site on a mobile Device (such as a tablet or a mobile phone), we may collect information about your location through location information accessible through your Device. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality of sharing location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Your physical presence at a particular hall or booth at the event may be recorded if you present your badge for scanning.
- Social Media Widgets: The Client Site also includes some social media features, such as a Facebook “like” button, and widgets, such as a “share” button. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Client Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Client Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the Privacy Notice of the companies that provide them.
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COLLECTION?
- The personal information we collect from you on behalf of the organizing committee is used to enable us to provide you with educational services and facilitate your participation in meetings, courses and online educational resources.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information for the following general purposes:
- To process your activities such as abstracts you submitted and your conference registration.
- to communicate with you in general, including for the purpose of providing you information about the conference and our services or responding to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve the Client Site and/or Activities;
- to enable some of our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing or improving new activities, enhancing the Client Site, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns relating to our products and services;
- subject to applicable law, to send you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you, regarding the conference and our services. You may choose not to receive such information and opt-out of such future communications. All such communications sent to you will contain the instructions for opting-out;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Log Data and other non-personal information that we gather and collect is used mainly for the purpose of administering the Client Site; analyzing trends in the aggregate in the use of the Client Site (for instance, we may use such information to create user predicted preferences and social characteristics); enhancing user experience on the Client Site (for instance, we may use such information to determine which areas of the Client Site are more popular than others), estimating and reporting total audience size and traffic; for purposes of ad optimization (i.e., tailoring, targeting, analyzing, managing and optimizing of our ads), investigating, detecting, preventing or otherwise taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse; and providing analytics and reporting with respect to the use of the Client website.
Your personal information is held in our systems for the duration of your interaction with our events, websites and webmail communications up to one year after your last interaction with us. You may request to be removed from our systems at any time, however please note that if you have registered as an attendee to one of our events, your data must be retained for as long as local accounting regulations require and generally for 7 years.
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is owned by the organizer (third party client), who owns the event for which you have showed interest or have registered. Access to your personal information is therefore shared with the Client for the general purposes described under 2. How we use your information, and for specific Conference-related purposes (e.g. poster abstracts selection, travel grant request).
- Your name and country may be included in a list of participants posted at the event site and/or on the event mobile application.
- In the course of operating our business, it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our affiliates (i.e., any company controlled by us, controlling or under common control with us), service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this Privacy Notice and that limit others’ use or disclosure of such personal information. Any data transfers from the EU will be carried out to locations with similar & adequate levels of data protection.
- Submitting your participant badge for scanning constitutes an act of consent on your part to share your personal data with that third party. If you agree to have your badge scanned when visiting an exhibition stand or a sponsored session, you are agreeing that those third parties receive access from us to your personal data and use it for statistical purposes and to communicate with you about their products.
- A list of registered delegates including name and country of origin may be shared with industry partners of the meeting for the purpose of customizing their communications, provided you have given your explicit consent.
- Your full personal details may be shared with industry partners for marketing purposes, provided you have given your explicit consent.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to enforce our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or in such circumstances where, in our judgment, a disclosure is necessary or appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our various terms of service or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell all or part of our business. In such transactions, personal information collected from users is generally one of the business assets that will be transferred. The transferred personal information will remain subject to this Privacy Notice or subsequent policies which may be adopted in its stead.
- We may share information that you voluntarily make public, including information that you post on any blogs, message boards, chat rooms or other similar forums, whether or not such forums are operated or owned by GT Global Events. Since such public information can be accessed by others and used by any member of the public, such use by third parties is beyond our control. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum operated or owned by GT Global Events, please contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We may also display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the Client Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
We may share aggregated or anonymous information or statistics (which in any event does not contain any of your personal information) with third parties, such as the Client, our existing or potential agents, investors, affiliates, vendors, service providers and other business partners.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:
We collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons “cookie” technology. For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer.
Cookies (sometimes referred to as browser cookies) are small packets of data that a website stores on your Device’s hard drive allowing your Internet browser to save and retrieve information about your visit to the website. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your Internet browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your Device until you delete them) to help us collect non-personal information about various aspects of your use of the Client Site or your participation in any of the Activities, and to enhance your experience using the Client Site. Cookies can also help enable the detection of certain kinds of fraud. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your Device’s hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your Device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Client Site may not function properly.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages, emails and social posts that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages, open or click an email, or share a post on social media, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure responses to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track signals to websites with which the browser communicates, telling the websites not to follow its online movements. Because of differences in how browsers interpret this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Therefore, the Client Site currently does respond to such Do Not Track signals.
Analytics and Re marketing Tools:
- For CrazyEgg – https://www.crazyegg.com/privacy. You can also opt out of CrazyEgg collecting and storing your data at any time by following the instructions in following link: https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
- For Marketo – http://legal.marketo.com/privacy.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When personal information is transferred over the Internet, we encrypt it using Transfer Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology or similar technology. You should note, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mails sent to us may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
We use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our Activities. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this Privacy Notice and that limit others’ use or disclosure of your personal information.
- ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have provided us with any personal information, you have the right to access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e-mails. Subject to applicable law, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
If you reside in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of infringement, if you feel that the processing of your personal data infringes the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR).
- EXTERNAL SITES
The Client Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“External Sites”). Be sure to read the privacy policies, supplemental notices, and settings of all websites or platforms that you visit so you can understand their privacy practices and your options. These External Sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these External Sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Client Site and welcome and feedback about these sites.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. The Client Site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 18 years of age or younger. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Client Site. If you are under 18, please do not give us any personal information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy Notice by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Client Site without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavour to delete that information from our databases.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is effective as of the date stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time with or without notice to you. Any such changes will be posted on the Client Site. By accessing the Client Site after we make any such changes to this Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please be aware that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, our use of your information is governed by the Privacy Notice in effect at the time we collect the relevant information. Please refer back to this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Client Site may be processed and transferred to the country of the Client and all countries in which GT Global Events has offices and operations and be subject to applicable law. This information may also be processed by staff working for us or for one of our suppliers. The privacy and data protection laws in such countries may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Client Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in countries. Any data transfers from within the EU will be carried out only to locations with similar & adequate levels of data protection.
- GOVERNING LAW
This Privacy Notice is construed in accordance with and shall be governed by the substantive laws of Israel, without regards to principles of conflicts of laws thereof.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or do not feel that your concerns have been addressed, please direct your questions at: